Friday, April 20, 2012

Project 52 {16}

My favorite thing about you is:
Your helpful heart.

f/1.8 1/250 ISO-400

This week has been a practice in asking for help, saying yes when it's offered.  And I need it.  Help cleaning the carpets, cleaning the house, organizing the house, keeping the house clean, getting a garage sale ready, a place to hold said garage sale, someone to take the kids here and there, with laundry, with dishes, with an ear.  I'm not sick, or hurt, just the most overwhelmed with things I've ever been in my life.  We've moved before, sure, but I've never done it with two preschoolers mostly by myself.  It's a chance to prove to myself how resilient I am, how strong I am, and to truly rise to the challenge.  And little things like the kids' willingness to put their socks away, is one less task off my plate, and for that I'm thankful. 

This week we had the where with all to bring Jeff's mom out "for her birthday" (don't feel too bad, we did get her a great present).  This week she helped me with the kids, took on two back to back leader days (talk about exhausting), helped me get the house ready for pictures, set up with the garage sale, and so much more.  Without her and some really great friends, I couldn't be doing this - there's a white padded room reserved for me, just waiting, and without my incredible support system, I'm certain that's where I'd be right now.  This coming week is looking better, more manageable, and I'm ready to tackle it, one day at a time, with my little helpers.

Want to check out some other super great Project 52 eye candy?
Can I link you too?  Leave me a comment.

1 comment: