Friday, January 20, 2012

Project 52 {3}

My favorite thing about you is:
Experiencing old things through your new eyes.

f/4 1/30 ISO-1000

This week you both had a couple of firsts.  Haley had her first slumber party at a friends house, and at barely 5 years old, managed to outlast the older kids and her friend and held out till 11:30 before she finally went to bed.  We purchased some light up bracelets to make the night extra fun and let you take nearly your entire bed with you.  Let me just tell you, not having her in the house that night was a little strange, like we'd forgot something.  I have a feeling this is the first of about a million of these so I'd better get used to it.  

That same night we took Kale to his first Hockey game.  Colorado College vs. St. Cloud State.  A great game, but even better was watching how much you enjoyed it!  And can we just say... The Zambonis?!  Those were "Super cool mom"!  I was amazed at your attention span and ability, to sit through 2 periods plus over time, especially considering when we got there it was already past your bedtime, but then you were receiving undivided attention from both Mom and Dad.  Also great (aside from your Tiger face(s) above)?  You decided you didn't much care for Cotton Candy, which is makes me happy because I love it and there's more for me!  However, you were not so great at sharing the popcorn.  

Both of these things I can remember doing all. the. time. growing up.  While something may seem so everyday or un-special to me, it was a first for you and brought back what it was like when I was younger.  As many grey hairs as you're sure to give me, these experiences this week took me back and it was fantastic.  I can't wait for more.

Want to check out some other super great Project 52 eye candy?
Can I link you too?  Leave me a comment.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great week! My Project 52 post this week is about how motherhood is "mouthy" at www.lucasandmahina.com. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete