Friday, February 24, 2012

Project 52 {8}

My favorite thing about you is:
That you're growing up.


f/1.8 1/60 ISO-400

Don't get me wrong here, I'm not rushing anything.  I know that these days will pass by all too fast.  I'm going to blink and you'll be 5 and 7, 12 and 14, 17 and 19, gone and out of my house leading your own lives.  I dread and look forward to that day.  But right here, in this moment, I'm thankful.  Privileged, that I get to watch and guide you as you become your own, amazing person.  I hope that someday you get this same privilege.  

I've said it before, I'll say it again, 3 years old is hard.  I try to put myself in his shoes, he's still learning appropriate ways to express his feelings and that's tricky.  Other times I know darn well he heard and understood me and is just exercising his new found free will (that's a nice way of putting it).  But this week we made a very tangible step in his growth progress.  Kale moved to a big-boy-bed.  Yup, no more cribs in this house (unless you count that both of their beds are convertible cribs).  And one more bed for me to make in the morning (on those days when I really want to make beds that dogs don't lie on).  Despite a new mattress, sheets, comforter, and pillow, Boomer (the boy with no pants) and Max (the pillow pet dog) still hang around and I think they enjoy the extra space in their new digs.  

Want to check out some other super great Project 52 eye candy?
Can I link you too?  Leave me a comment.

1 comment:

  1. Growing up is so amazing to watch but bittersweet at the same time. I love watching our 9 month old crawling but at the same time miss her when she was tini tiny in my arms just a few months ago.

    ReplyDelete