Friday, July 20, 2012

Project 52 {29}

My favorite thing about you is:
That you're a good friend.
f/2.8 1/640 ISO-100

This week the whole family says goodbye to our BFF family.  I guess, it's really a "See ya later" type deal (or at least it better be), but over the last 4 years we've grown so close to these guys that it's a tough goodbye.  Lets start at the beginning:  5 and a half years ago, we lived in Montana and Jeff worked for a (pretty tight knit squadron) called Deuce.  Haley was born.  This family showed up at our door step with the best spaghetti ever.  Seriously guys, E.V.E.R.  Turns out she was pregnant too and due about 5 months later.  If I hadn't been in my newborn baby haze (and could have seen to the future), I'd have invited them in to share the dinner and started our friendship right then and there.  But I was dumb, and if you've ever been in that newborn haze, then you know where my head was at.  Fast forward a year and a half (4 years ago, if you're doing the math) and we all end up just two houses apart on the same side of the street here in Colorado (again, if you're doing the math, that's stumbling distance, folks).  

4 years of amazing friendship, and many dinners/desserts/drinks later, these are definitely some of the closest friends we've ever had.  We've been through some serious life events together, including recently gaining another member of the club, 2 years of preschool pick-ups/drop offs, a deployment, TDY's, just so much.  It's going to be tough not having them down the street.  They're our go to fire-pit and drinks friends.  Thank God for Facebook (and texting).

Beyond the adults, the kids are hardly going to know what to do with out their BFF down the street.  Whenever we pull into the driveway, they're looking to see if he's out in his.  They're worried whether he'll like his new home, and new school and make new friends (he'll be fine).  This is the first time that they're really going to realize how it feels to miss someone in their life.  I'm proud that they care so much about their friends.  They're loyal, and empathetic, and as a parent, I can't ask for much more than that in their friendships.  Additionally, they really pick some great kids to be friends with.  I can't complain because many times, as a result of their friendships, I gain a new mom friend too.  How great is that?!

Anyway, guys, we'll miss you.  So much.  We'll come visit, and hopefully we'll see you down the street again in another 4 years or so.  And because I'm in tears now, and you're due to my house for one last dessert in about 30 minutes, I'm going to go get my *stuff* together.

Want to check out some other super great Project 52 eye candy?
Can I link you too?  Leave me a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment